Get to Know Christina Cultural Arts Center
The mission of Christina Cultural Arts Center Inc. (CCAC) is to make affordable arts, education, workforce training and live performances accessible to youth and adults in a welcoming learning environment.
Christina produces the only comprehensive arts and education program in Delaware with a core mission to utilize arts education to promote school success, career training, and positive social behavior. To fulfill its mission, we:
- Welcome students from the very young to youth and adults, with diverse abilities, ethnicities and lifestyles
- Offer quality music, dance, drama and visual art instruction taught by professional artists
- Connect the Arts with literacy, social capital, wellness and community development
- Provide support to emerging and established professionals in creative fields
- Christina Cultural Arts Center Inc. was founded in 1945 by the Women's Club of Trinity Episcopal Church to provide activities for immigrant Polish and Swedish working class families.
- In 1969, the Christina mission was re-aligned to serve as a community-based arts center with an emphasis on preserving African-American cultural heritage.
- In 1993, Christina completed a capital campaign to purchase and renovate its central location in downtown Wilmington at 705 N. Market Street.
- Today, Christina Cultural Arts Center Inc. is a gathering place for all, exploring diverse creative expression reflecting our shared American heritage.
- hrough Christina’s programs, more than 2200 students in the school of the arts, area public schools, community outreach sites and parks are reached with quality arts and cultural programs annually.
- More than 10,000 arts supporters annually attended public dance, music, drama performance and visual art exhibitions hosted by Christina Cultural Arts Center
- Promotes a passion for academic excellence
- Promotes physical and emotional wellness
- Generates community development and economic empowerment
- Fosters dialogue around social concerns
- Builds a more civil society through partnerships
- Enhances the quality of life in our community